Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MATCH MASTER vs. MATCH DISASTER!!!

I have a good explanation of why I have not updated. I promise! It's probably because I have NOT been happy with the fashion trends lately. I don't know why but since i've been to (pull&bear, ZARA, Blanco, H&M, wetseal, forever21, mandees, AND charlotte russe) there was nothing to really go crazy about! That's why I got to keep it real with my own style, and sorry to say this but I think im going to have to keep old trends going that I can't give up yet. Until, a new style comes along that is - that makes me hyperventilate in the stores while im shopping. That's how you know there are good trends. :-) When you want to buy the whole store. Unlike now, where I have to search and search for that one piece of clothing that makes the difference!

Anyway, let's get to the point of this update.
I wanted to show how you can put certain key pieces of clothing together to make a very classy and high fashion look - just like our favorite celebs. Then, I want to COMPARE an outfit, which is the complete opposite of cute.
They are both outfits on the forever 21 website. And sometimes I really question what stylists are thinking when they are putting things together. It's one thing to be different and eccentric, don't get me wrong, because that is my favorite type of look. But it's a completely different story when you look like a downright foo!
(I meant to spell it like that)
Here's what I mean:

1st. The Match Master
click for larger image
The black fitted blazer, with the black and white polka dots obviously match together perfectly. You can't go wrong with black and white. The long red shirt gives it an extra 'pop' of color and life which makes that sophisticated look of the jacket more sexy. The beige mary-jane style heels work to make your legs look longer and it makes the difference! Wearing plain black heels would be the obvious thing to do, so the nude platform makes the whole outfit just a tab more fashion forward! 

Now this....  :-/
2. The Match Disaster
Ok, ok maybe you are thinking, 'what? It's not that bad!' Oh no but it is. Stylists are selling us this trend and expecting the less fashion fortunate to believe this is ok to wear. From the businessman gray socks to nude platform patent leather pumps, red sweater and kelly green skirt?! I just don't see wear this has anything to do with being stylish. Back to the drawing boards fashion designers WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT!

Sorry for the rant post. But I felt it was needed. I've seen outfits like this over and over lately, but this one was the straw that broke the camels back.
Next post will be more exciting. I swear! 

Until next time, Happy Shopping.........If you manage to find that diamond in the rough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment